It’s officially #Socktober20!
Did you know that socks are the most requested item at homeless shelters, especially as the weather gets colder?
That’s why, during the month of October, we do our annual post-a-pair, give-a-pair challenge at Restore! For every sock picture posted this month on social media, our church will donate a pair of socks to people experiencing homelessness in Austin through our partnership with Mobile Loaves and Fishes.
YOU POST — WE GIVE
1. Post a picture of your socks on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram (stories count too!)
2. Use #socktober20
3. Tag Restore (@restoreatx)
It’s that easy to help meet a real, tangible need for our homeless brothers and sisters in Austin!
SocktoberFestThis year, we are also hosting SocktoberFest to collect even more socks!Here are some of the amazing things we’ll have happening that day!
- Dunk Tank – donate 25 pairs of socks for a chance to dunk our Lead Pastor, Zach Lambert! Every 25 pairs donated = one shot. #FloatTheBeard
- Pumpkin Decorating – prizes for the best ones!
- Sock Contest – prizes for the best and most creative socks!
- Local Food truck with awesome food for purchase!All of this will be outside with appropriate safety precautions, as well as bracelets for everyone to denote their comfort level: red (please don’t interact with me), yellow (please interact only with a mask and distancing), green (you are free to interact however you are comfortable). RSVP and invite a friend!Even if you can’t join us for SocktoberFest, you can still be a part of #socktober20